Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Camden!!! A Letter From Mama


To My Big Boy,
It is late tonight, and I am just sitting down to write to you after peaking in your bedroom. Mama loves to watch you sleep…so innocent and peaceful!
Tonight is a special one…the eve of your second birthday! I cannot believe how fast these two years have passed- feels like I was just holding you for the first time only days ago!
As I entered your room tonight, there you were- positioned just as you were moments after being born: with your hands in fists and your tiny arms up over your head; only those arms aren’t so little anymore! Sure you still are (and always will be) my baby boy- but tonight I marveled at how much you’ve grown, not only in size!
This past year has been so magical! Watching you become a toddler has been more fun than I could have possibly dreamed- and a true learning experience as well! From the moment you began walking soon after your first birthday, you developed a sense of independence! This is a blessing and a curse to your Mama because there are times when I just want to hold you close, but you are so busy chasing life and taking in all of your surroundings.
You have inherited my silliness- for this…I’m grateful.
You have inherited my strong will- and for this at times…I’m frightened, (although I know that once you learn how to channel this, it will play as one of your strengths).
I will say it again…I truly wish I could pause time! In my heart I know that one of my best assets as a Mama is that I revel in the little moments; in fact, I can’t get enough of them!
From the way your adorable cheeks look when you chew your food, to your furrowed brow when you are uncertain about something, to the way you love to dance in the car, skip, play basketball, your undying obsession with balloons, and your ever growing vocabulary!
Camden Jon Weber…you simply amaze and inspire me on a daily basis!
You are talking up a storm these days-even putting sentences together! Every day it’s something new and I look forward to every sunrise, as I know it will bring moments of sheer joy and humor! Don’t get me wrong, you also have “toddler moments”:
You have begun hitting Mama and Daddy, when you don’t get your way sometimes you throw your cup, your food, or even yourself down on the floor (my little Drama King), the word “no” is one you use often and you’d rather have chocolate than anything else.
Despite spending a few minutes in Time Out, your moments of sweetness far outweigh the challenges!
You love being read to! Books, books, and more books! Currently your favorite is: Goodnight Moon but you also enjoy: It’s Time To Sleep My Love, The Itsy Bitsy Spider, On The Night You Were Born, and Little Pea, just to name a few!
Today at the playground you melted my heart into a puddle! I was feeding Dashy while observing you in action. You took an interest in a cute little blonde girl…Hearing your giggles and seeing you chase and be chased was a milestone. No longer do you play “around” other kids…but you are beginning to play “with” them!
Tucking you in at night is a must for Mama…my day just doesn’t feel complete unless I get to read you a book (or three), put you under your covers, snuggle for a few minutes, tell you “LOVE”, and of course…hear you say it back!
Thank you Camden…you light up my world and are a blessing from the heavens!
May you always know how much you are loved, may you always shine, and no matter how old you get, may you always have a kind, gentle, and loving heart!
Happy Second Birthday My Littlest Lookalou! You are my dream come true!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gina said...

Ok, this mama is now a puddle on the floor. Amy, you have a way with words and not only did you bring tears to my eyes with the beauty of your writing, but you brought warmth to my heart seeing and feeling how much you love your little boy. I feel blessed to be sharing this parenthood with you- another mama of two little boys. You are an amazing mama and Camden, you are an incredible little one... Happy Birthday to you Camden, and Happy BIRTH day to the mama that gave life! xoxo