Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Birthday Letter From Mommy...








My Sweet Baby Boy!
I have been looking through pictures all night of your first year. I am in awe of your innocence-your brilliance! There are so many clear memories that I have of this last year:

The very moment you arrived in this world-hearing your first cry…how you were swaddled and the nurses placed your sweet little lips to mine prior to taking me to the recovery room and you to the nursery; the first time I nursed you in the hospital; when you first fell asleep in my arms; bringing you home and knowing in my heart of hearts that I wanted to be the best Mommy to you possible; I remember many sleepless nights, but even in those moments feeling peace that you were in my life…healthy and glowing. Our first cuddles in the morning and the ones at the end of each day; Your first trip to the beach with me and your Auntie Ali; the countless amounts of runs that I went for-taking you with me while you slept in your jogging stroller; the books I read to you at the end of each night; the smiles, coos, giggles, babbles …and even the very few tears! You have been nothing but a joy to your Daddy, me, and everyone with whom you meet.
The essence of a miracle…the root of my happiness!

Life has been nothing but blessings since you arrived…you are our little good luck charm! You exude goodness, happiness, and true beauty. You remind me to slow down and appreciate my surroundings.

Since the first moment I held you in my arms, I was forever changed. I hold a place in my heart for you that is so special…words cannot describe. The love that lives within me is unlike any I’ve ever known.

You are such a sweet natured boy-always smiling, laughing- yet you are determined… trying to figure out the world around you. Soon you will be walking and then this world will be yours for the taking.

Today I am filled with joy and gratitude for a higher power! Never for one moment since you have been in my life have I taken you for granted, and I promise you that I never will. As much as it makes me sad to know that I can’t pause time, I am filled with anticipation and excitement for all of the precious moments ahead!

I always wondered if I would “take” to motherhood and believe me when I tell you that there is nothing else I’d rather do than be in your presence!

I know that you will not remember the moments of this first year, but I will…

Happy First Birthday Camden Jon Weber…my “Teeny Tiny Lookalou”!

May all the coming years bring as much joy as your first!

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Gina said...

ok Aim, you got me right in the heart. I'm welling up with tears as I read your letter. You summed it up perfectly. And happy birthday Camden- you are such a beautiful boy and we are all so lucky to know you! Love, Auntie G!