Thursday, January 7, 2016

8 is Great For Camden Boos...




e













January 7, 2016


My Sweet Camden Boos,

Wow...is it really the night before you become an eight year old? My sweet boy, where has the time gone?

Truly the blink of an eye; and yet I still feel like I have always known you. 

As long as I have existed, you have been a part of me...though only coming to fruition 8 years ago! 

I remember you in my belly...my first child! 

What a special and beautiful bond we share! Camden, YOU, were the first one with whom I had the honor of sharing life...until on January 8, 2008, you took your first breath and began a life of your own! 

In this past year, you have grown into a more certain- of- yourself boy. 

Strong opinions and such a cool guy too! 

Your latest missions are to hang as many car posters on your wall as I will allow, become a basketball star, and to grow the front of your hair over your right eye! 

You have a heart of gold, and I pray that the world never makes you feel shame for loving others in such a BIG way! My intention is to preserve and encourage that very trait so that you may exude and impact everyone with your pure light and JOY! 

A few weeks ago, there was a young man in a restaurant who was taking care of our table. He possessed a unique light that was bright, honest and true! I was so blown away by his innocent yet upstanding demeanor that I stopped him to let him know that his Joy was contagious! His smile was GENUINE! He appeared to be unscathed from what can sometimes be a tough world...like his light outshone the darkness. 

That boy...although I will probably never see him again...That boy gave me HOPE! 

I saw YOU in that boy, my Camden!! YOU give me HOPE! 

These days we are having mama and big boy conversations, and often I find myself blown away at how grown you are in the moments. Parenting becomes increasingly more challenging, yet so very rewarding as well! 

Last year, in 2015, you advanced from a yellow belt to a green belt...testing two times! Once in May and the next time in October. My heart explodes with love when I am able to see you shine and you are able to revel in that feeling! 

Last summer, you truly became a swimmer and like me when I was young, you have become a little fish who just loves to be in the water! 

We explored the first trilogy of Star Wars together...and although New Hope and Empire Strikes Back freaked you out, you totally loved Return of the Jedi! Who doesn't love the Ewoks and Yoda? 

We had a few trips to Mimi and Grandaddy's house... the fourth of July (Mommy's favorite) and Christmas with the entire family. Watching you take it all in...the very place I grew up...is such a blessing! There were many years when I thought I would not ever be a Mommy!! And when I get to bring you to my hometown and watch you take it all in, little girl Amo reignites in my soul as I watch you explore my childhood home and land! Knowing that you are making memories in the same home I did when I was eight is a true gift of nostalgia. 

You took second grade on by storm... 
Your teacher Mrs Sharpe informed us during parent teacher conference that you only want to be called: Cam, therefore, THAT is your name at school! I about fell off of my chair! 
What a big boy! Claiming your identity and owning it!! May you always be fearless and unwavering in your ways of truth! 

And tonight, on the eve of your birth, you lost a tooth! It had been several months since your last baby tooth fell out! How appropriate this one is on the night before you turn 8! Just another reminder that Mommy's Littlest Lookalou is growing up! Soon, you will be mortified by that nickname and beg me to never utter it past my lips. You will soon begin telling me how uncool I am and how I need to NOT hug or kiss you in front of your friends. 

Ahhhhh yes!! I'm in preparation for these days...

Although...they are not here yet, so I will continue to love you as my baby boy! 

I'll tuck you in with the sheets pulled tight all around you, kiss your sweet little face a million times and listen to you ask: "Mama, will you pick out my stuffed animal that wants to sleep with me tonight." 
I will wait for the moment when your little hand gently pushes my head to the pillow during cuddle time and say: "Lay Doooooown," in a way that you've said to me since you could talk in effort to remind me that it's not yet time to leave your room! 
I will make certain we dance in the rain like no one is watching and have more tickle fights and  mommy/son date nights than we did last year! 
I will shoot hoops and maybe even have a nerf gun fight or two! 
Oh and I'm sure we will end up at Build a Bear in your eight year..Your Favorite! 

Camden, words cannot convey the love that I hold in my heart and soul for incredible YOU! 
As I have begun walking closely with the Lord, you are witnessing the journey and showing an eagerness to do the same! Truly a supernatural relationship and it fills me with so much gratitude that our God is SO great and faithful! That now, we as a family, will unite together in our spiritual journey...and WATCH OUT WORLD!! The Weber Family is here to bring our unstoppable joy, peace and LOVE! 

And tonight, for the first time, I'm allowing myself to glimpse in my mind a picture of an 18 year old Camden Jon. The spirit of that young man...the one who was in the restaurant... comes to mind.  

I see you happy!
I see you surrounded by friends who adore you! 
I see you teaching others, including me, about kindness and love simply by being your incredible self! 
I see you hungry for the world that awaits, yet still fond of your family! 
I believe that there will be a large tug at your heart when it's time to step out into the world...yet when you do...you will be SOAR! 

As much as I don't want you to grow quickly, I'm also excited to see how you are going to embrace and soar in this beautiful life for which you have been given. I can't wait to see what you make of it! 

Ahhhhh yes!! I'm in preparation for those days...

Although...they are not here yet, so I will continue to love you as my baby boy! 

On this night my heart smiles in the wonderment of YOU and the awe that I was chosen to be your Mommy (pretty sure you'll be switching over to "Mom" any day now). 

Camden Boos, you are my world!! You are my son and my SUN!!! 
Year 7 was a blast...

Tomorrow morning you will awaken to the New Year of Eight The Great! 

I love you my sweet boy so much my heart could explode! 

Happy Birthday!! 

All My Love...
All My Life and Beyond,

Mommy

















No comments: